Types of Membership Explained
By joining 1st claim you pay all your Welsh Athletics fees in one go, for seniors its £18.50 and with Aber AC this is included as part of your club membership which is £33.50. By doing this you won’t have to pay the £2 paid by unattached runners at each event. If you race seven times or more you start to save. This is the membership level you will need if you wish to represent the club and wear the vest in ALL types of races including the Gwent League XC, the Castles Relays and ALL Welsh/UK Championship races.
Aber AC 1st claim members can log on to the UK Athletics athlete portal
to check/update their details. If you have not logged on before, you can set a password to access your record using the URN you received when you joined / renewed your membership. You can also check if your membership is up to date.
ONLY choose this if you have joined another club as a first claim member and paid your WA fees through them. This type of membership allows you to run for Aber AC in NON championship races but you will need to run for your first claim club in events like the castles relays, its worth checking before you enter anything.
This a great way of trying out the club and running itself. You have the same rights as a 1st claim member but there are some things that you can’t do, these are:
- Claim AAC Membership when entering races held under UKA or WA Licences & and therefore obtain reduced entry fees, this is usually £2 per race.
- Race in AAC kit.
- Compete in races that require runners to have Full AAC Membership with Welsh Athletics Registration
- Compete on behalf of the Club, West Wales Region or Wales.
- Hold office in the Club committee
- Vote at AGM or EAGM
You can upgrade to Full membership at any time by paying the £18.50 Welsh Athletics registration fee.
When you first join we will send you your Welsh Athletics number and a welcome e-mail containing the following welcome document
· Membership runs for 12 months between April the 1st and the 31st of March the following year.
· ALL club fees include club training sessions – no pay on the day anymore.
· NEW memberships received after January the 1st will include the remainder of the membership year (finishes 31st March) plus the following 12 months of the following membership year. E.g. join on the 1st of Jan 2018 and you won’t need to pay again until 1st of April 2019.
· UPGRADES to 1st claim after January the 1st include the remainder of the membership year (finishes 31st March) plus the following 12 months. If this is you please pay the social membership fee for the year. This means you won’t pay the WA fee.
If you like the ways of old and want to join by using a form, please use the form below, please see details of where to send it with your payment.
Online via PayPal
– Please Complete the following web form for joining online. If you are renewing and your details are the same provide only the items marked as *Required*.
– Once you have done this please pay the correct amount using the PayPal tabs below.
Online Form plus cheque or cash
– If you prefer to hand over a cheque or cash to a coach or a committee member you can still use our online form below, please fill the from out and use the tick box at the bottom which states “I will be paying by cheque or cash”. Please ensure that you are prompt in handing your payment over.
1st Claim Senior
1st Claim Junior (16-19yrs)
1st Claim Junior (under 16yrs)
2nd Claim Senior
2nd Claim Junior (16-19yrs)
2nd Claim Junior (under 16yrs)
Social Senior (20yrs +)
Social Junior (under 16 years)